Saturday, October 3, 2015

Trizbort! Maps!

So, first off, I had another super awesome donation to the blog, and this particular person loves maps so I thought I'd do a map-themed post.  The timing for it is great because Trizbort, the IF mapping program, recently added a feature to export maps straight to Hugo code!

One of my Trizbort maps.  Recent versions of Trizbort have the ability to declare groups of rooms as "regions," giving them whatever color you choose.  I'd like to make my old maps even prettier one day but picking colors and such is always such a headache.
Drawing a map can be a great way to get a head start on coding a game so I'm quite psyched that Hugo-code support has been added!  I tried the code export tonight; I did find some problems, but the release notes made it clear that is expected and I look forward to sharing my notes with Jason about the problems and a couple other suggestions!

Unfortunately, my map-loving patron has an Apple computer so she can't make Trizbort maps herself.  Maybe I'll try to map another, smaller game and make it as pretty as possible for her donation!

Documentation Update

Been making a lot of progress on the Roodylib documentation lately.  It's taken longer than I expected, but I'm pleased with how it's coming together and it has already resulted in some making-things-more-intuitive changes to Roodylib (with a couple more planned).  If I keep up this pace, I may have it done within a couple weeks, and Roodylib (and the Hugo notepad++ distribution) should both get official updates soon after!

No comments:

Post a Comment