Anyhow, I've updated the colorthing.hex file to include that information. Also, that file has the latest version of that HugoFix stuff I was talking about, so typing "$ot 0" should give you an idea of how windows and replaced objects are listed.
So, today was another day where my optimal coding window was in a place where I didn't have much privacy so I didn't work on game-y looking things. I was getting writer's block with the LibreOffice document I've been jotting room descriptions in, so I opened up my update to Christopher Tate's conversation system extension, as I've been meaning to do some things with it.
First, I checked over the properties I created for it and made sure they were alias-able, then proceeded to alias them. Then, I added some more comments to help some of my additions look more organized.
Looking over it now, I think I'm going to routine-ize more of the messages to make more responses configurable. There's a couple other tiny things to do, but overall, I'm thinking it's almost ready for an official release (well, an official upload to HbE, anyway... an ifarchive upload is a long ways off).
To remind people, this conversation system update aspires to give authors several menu conversation options. Conversation options can be at the top of the screen or in game text. Conversations can be topic-based, and players can be informed (or not) of available topics. There's a fair amount of mixing-and-matching available, too. Let's see some screenshots!
|Main-text conversation menu, no topic-switching|
|Top-based conversation menu, topic-switching allowed|