Thursday, August 23, 2012

simpler yet

I decided that my menu output could also ignore choices and just give titles to selected pages. The latest version looks like this:
>thoughts
[OPENING MENU]

[”Fatty Arbuckle”]
Blah blah hooray!

[”Whoa, a Helicopter!”]
Blah blah blah

[LEAVING MENU]
Returning to the story...
I think I'm on the right path.

EDIT: I didn't like how titles looked in the simple interpreter especially, so I switched it to something that looks more "title-like":
Transcription on.

>thoughts
[OPENING MENU]
                                                           Fatty Arbuckle
Blah blah hooray!

                                                         Whoa, a Helicopter!
Blah blah blah

[LEAVING MENU]
Returning to the story...
I'm keeping the menu "bookend" texts since I feel it's important to distinguish the menu from the rest of the game.

No comments:

Post a Comment